Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Obedience

PhotobucketIf you love me, you will obey what I command.  And I will ask the Father,and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever---   John 14:15-17


"If you love me you will obey me."

Why is it so hard for us to obey, even as little children we do not obey our parents, as adults we want to balk when someone tells us what we need to do or we ought to do.  Why can't we just do what we are suppose to do?  As my sweet little granddaughter Kate said to me, "its to hard".  I agree it is hard, but as a child of God that is what I am called to do, not because I am made to but because Jesus said, "if you love me you will obey me."  And I do love Jesus.  But I am not alone, I have the Spirit of truth living in me, and he will guide me in all things.  I just have to obey.
I will leave you with this quote:
"The person who wants to know God but who has not heart to obey Him will never enter the sacred courts where God reveals Himself to the soul of Man."  Sinclair Ferguson
  

1 comment:

  1. obedience is sometimes hard...but, like you said...I shows how much we love. It's a submission of our will to the authority we recognize.

    ReplyDelete