Monday, October 25, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Jennifer and I and all the kids ventured out on our second road trip.  We took a short one about a year ago.  This year we decided we would go to Petersburg Kentucky to the Creation museum with lots of sightseeing along the way.  The kids did great for such a long trip.  We were gone a week.  When we started home all of us were getting anxious to get home.  Later I got to thinking  about what Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz "There is no place like home" and she was right.  It is always good to get home when you have been away for a while.  Then I started thinking about our heavenly home.  As true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ we have not reached home.  We are at a stopping place waiting for the day when we truly reach home.  In our sermon at church yesterday, our Pastor asked can we truly say Lord Jesus come.  That should be what we are looking forward to, for our Lord and Savior to come and take us to our heavenly home.  We should live each day of our lives looking for His return and with anticipation of seeing our Father when we finally get home.

John 14:2-3  "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you, And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Jesus is coming again.  Are you ready?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment